In-Lecture Exercise F

Colour Scheme

For this, I picked a photo I snapped of my drinks at Joji's Diner (Recommend!). I used Adobe Illustrator to pick out the colours and lay out the rectangles.

Breakdown

My overall colour scheme is an analogous colour scheme of warm, red colours. The top colour (#A81D00) works as the dominant colour, the next two being tinted/toned secondary colours to support the first. Or, as I've come to learn, are called Whispering Colours. The last two are on opposite ends of the value spectrum to provide more neutral options.

The warm red colour conveys something bright, exciting, and playful. Like the source image, it could be used for something sweet, like candy or soft drink brands. It also looks exciting, and could work as sneaker colour schemes as well. I already really like the main red on neutral off-white (Example being the bottom right square).

You probably can't use too much of this for websites or long reading materials as the bright colours can get exhausting to look at after a while. You also probably wouldn't want this for your study room or school, but a cafe, yes! Like Joji's Diner!

Comments

Popular Posts